Sunday, October 11, 2009

Friends and Family in Town!!

My brother and his family are in town

My brother family surprised me for a quick visit over General Conference Weekend. It was so nice to see family from Tahiti. The kids had grown so much.


My brother Hiro and his family with his Mission President.
Almost 17 years since he last served his mission.
Hiro was very happy to see his Mission President.


Hiro with Rahiti his youngest son who is 2 1/2 years old, potty trained and he goes to school all day in Tahiti. I know crazy!!


Hiro, Noelani his wife and Heilani his oldest daughter who is only 14 years old and is 6 feet tall. I know crazy!!
Tahitian Mission Reunion. Noelani's parents are here to go to the MTC they will be serving in Madagascar for 2 years.



After the priesthood session we met up our hubbys at Leatherbys ice cream place on North Temple. It was sooo yummy!! Babe was at the conference center all day doing Marshallese interpretation and so his parents for Tahitian interpretation.



Look how big that ice cream was?YUM!

My friends are in Town

My friends Raureva and Izabelle came also to Utah for General Conference. So imagined I had a full house. It was soo good to see my dear friend Raureva. We had such a great time together. They would spend the whole day shopping and come home dead tired. We had a girls night out and took Izabelle to the JSMB Roof Restaurant to show her the view of the temple. We really had a great night. Before that we went to see the Joseph Smith movie and I literally couldn't stop crying, Joseph was truly prepared himself to be a prophet of God. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God and that he did see God the father and his son Jesus Christ. This was a wonderful night! Thank Girls!


Joseph Smith the Prophet of the Restoration

This is a film about the life and legacy of Joseph Smith, founding prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is being shown in the Legacy Theater of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.


Raureva, Izabelle, and Myself having dinner at JSMB

What a privilege we had to hear the voice of the servants of God guiding us and strengthening us through words of caring, loving, and humility. I've came out of this spiritual weekend with more strength, hope, courage and willing to do my Heavenly Father's will and to find opportunities to even serve more those who are in need.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for family time! I can't believe that your nephew goes to school all day! They must think our kids are slow because they go so little to school.
    I am glad you had a good time with your family and friends! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great example you are to all of us. Always putting the Lord first. I love all the actiivites you've gone on. So much fun. And oh my gosh, I want to eat that ice cream. It looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl all this time I didn't even know that your brother is Hiro...How are they doing? Please say hi to Noelani for me....Tell her she needs to email me...I sure miss her. Anyway, it's always nice to have family around...I also can't believe Hiro...got grey hair hahahahah oh my...tell him hello for me too...take care..

    ReplyDelete